Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I. Hate. Cats.

You thought my annoyance and frustration over the lack of variety in hunter pets was startling, wait until you see me on Auriaya.

We downed the Iron Council in three attempts tonight. The SV hunter and I were neck-n-neck for top DPS; it was great. We did it the easy way, killing Stormcaller Brundir last. He dropped some lackluster shoulders and some guild money (with an awesome reference!), so we moved on.

So came the bitch. Yes, Auriaya is a bitch. Why? Because she walks around with four of these bastards. Sure, they are pretty, but, I swear, all the hate I have ever had for cats has been in preperation for this boss.

Like many difficult and fun fights in this game, this boss is all about the pull. The hunters acknowledged that our lives were forfeit when we did this pull, but we didn't realized exactly how little time we had to live. We tried it a couple times pulling her as she patted away (seriously, nerf that pat time) without much success. That is, her adds killed the entire raid in approximately 15 seconds.

So we tried a new tactic: Snake trap pulls! All three Hunters put down a trap as she patted closer, leaving the tanks able to pick up the adds and the Misdirects to go off without sacrificing a Hunter first. The results were okay, but we were still having difficulties with the add tanks getting one-shotted.

Finally, someone decided that it would be a good idea just to Line of Sight them to us. Traps went down, we all went around the corner....

... and I watched my life flash before my eyes.


We got her, thanks to my noble sacrifice *cough cough*.

I'll post the vids for both bosses once they are up.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a DK drop Death and Decay and get out of LoS as she comes towards you. They get first aggro and no one dies... Worked great for us.

Anonymous said...

I find that I, as well, hate cats. The only one I like is my spirit beast, and I think that's because I don't think of her as a cat so much as a spirit.
Rock on with the cat hate. We should start a group.

Negathle said...

Yeah.... both ways are fine, it's just a matter of the tanks/healers being prepped. I was the only on that died on the pull for the kill, and better me than one of the tanks /shrug

Rilgon Arcsinh said...

I can get behind this post.

Anonymous said...

The worst fight for hunters ever. For our pull, I drop an explosive or immolation trap (usually explosive) and run behind the pillar with the rest of the group. When Auriaya and her cats approach, I pop Deterrence and pray the tanks pick the adds up quick.

Anonymous said...

Am I missing something? Why the cat hate? I'm vet to get to this boss.