Friday, April 3, 2009

Frustrated, but not really

We ran two 6-minute Malygos10 last night. One raid made it, the other did not. My raid was off by 10 seconds on our final attempt. The other team also got Surge Needle Ring, which was promptly fought over by three people. The other hunter officer got it.

Honestly, we were not that far off, all things considered. We had one shaman and no DK, so our spark stacking was completely dependent on the MT moving the dragon. Here is where I issue massive praise to all great tanks out there than can maneuver a dragon. Seriously, you guys rock. It is a very impressive site to see sparks stack despite coming from opposite directions, but we lost some seconds due to the wait on the sparks. Despite luck factors, our fastest Phase 1s caused him to enter Phase 2 a few seconds after the second vortex.

Phase 2 is still our weak spot. If we don't have any sparks down, it's pretty much over. If we do have sparks down, range can burn down the Scions fast enough that the Nexus Lords still remain, but there is increased pressure on the healers.

Our greatest cheat was a tool known to every Hunter in the Burning Crusade: The cast sequence macro.

/tar Malygos
/castsequence reset=target Flame Spike, Flame Spike, Engulf in Flames

Hotkeyed to anything but the main action bar, this leaves you free to move and not be concerned with loosing your stacks as you dodge the Static Charges. Mind you, you can squeeze a little more DPS out by first going Flame Spike, Engulf in Flames, then the 1 -> 1 -> 2 macro, but it does the bulk of the work. I have done it both by hand and by macro, the result is the same.

In other news, the next two weeks are going to be very intensive for me as I wrap up my BA and prepare for graduation in June. Some crap already hit the fan due to my absence for the first three days of classes, so I'm trying to sort it all out while still remaining sane and satisfying my need for WoW.

Also: PvP is only stress-relief when your side is not being stupid. GRRRRRR.

1 comment:

Kordwar said...

I've found i have the most fun in battlegrounds when i ignore the fact that my battlegroup is filled with idiots and just farm kills.

I don't consider the BG a success until i make at least 3 enemies on the opposite side ( IE: people who when they see me in BGs we do nothing but have constant 1v1s)