Tuesday, April 7, 2009

End the segregation!

For ages now, we Hunters have been the outcasts of the DPS classes. Despite our use of mana, our arrows are not spells, and we cannot be called casters. Despite our use of weapons, we do so at range, and cannot be called melee. It’s time... for a change.

I say to you today, my friends, that even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream.

I have a dream that Hunters will rise up and cast off the shackles of oppression.

I have a dream that we will no longer be erroneously classified as “caster” or “melee.”

I have a dream that we will be looked at and labeled, simply, as “physical.”

I have a dream that one day, when this occurs, Hunters shall forever be considered integral to the dedicated damage-specific parties. Such groups will no longer invoke images solely of the meleeing classes, but also of our brothers and sisters at range.

I have a dream that one day we will not have to suffer for our range status, and be able to stand with the rest of our party to absorb Meteor, for there will be no minimum range.

I have a dream that one day we will no longer suffer the stunlocks and backstabbing of our peers, and be able to shoot them at point-blank.

I have a dream that one day there will be no strength or expertise on DPS gear, and the loot shall be available to all!

Free at last! All loot will be free at last!

Inspired by Richard and with apologizes to MLK Jr.

6 comments:

Rilgon Arcsinh said...

I have a dream that one day we will not have to suffer for our range status, and be able to stand with the rest of our party to absorb Meteor, for there will be no minimum range.

Hah, good damn luck, we've been fighting for that for 4 years now.

Kordwar said...

scattershot has no minimum range...

Negathle said...

It all started as an attempt to fight the whole "melee/caster" verses "physical", but I felt I need to take it further into the just plain silly :P

Kheldul said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maebius said...

Obligatory youtube link to "Physical " by Olivia Newton John: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQXECBdPgEA

Otherwise: Lok'Tar Agar HUNTAR
w00t.

Nassira said...

CAN A SISTA GET AN AAAAAAMEN!!?!?