Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Stupid False Springs...

Another beautiful February day here in Chicago-land. This weekend the temperatures spiked into the 50s-60s and melted the two-feet of snow that has been on the ground for weeks. Now everything is very wet, the days feel wonderful, and people actually smile to each other on the side-walks. Sadly, I spent the weekend inside procrastinating a six-page paper due yesterday, so I didn't get to play in the nice weather.

Though I get this Friday off for Suicide Prevention Day (Undergraduate Break Day, as it is formally called), this week seems packed regardless. Not only did I have to pull an all-nighter to finish the paper for Monday, I have a midterm in Biogeography on Thursday and labs to polish off tomorrow. Darwin Day is also on Thursday, for which I plan on making cupcakes and dressing up for the parties. The fiance is coming up Thursday afternoon for Valentine's Weekend (the long weekend makes it convenient), so I have to clean up a bit for that as well. Top it all off, the Fool For Love event is coming up, and it's a lot to get done in such a short period of time.

And you just KNOW it's going to snow sometime soon.

No comments: