Friday, May 22, 2009

The specs, they are a changin'

Now that we have passed through the nitty-gritty of Ulduar, I've come to the acceptance that I need to change around my spec. Not that I don't love the 11/53/7 Aspect Mastery Spec - really, there isn't a talent point I feel wasted there - but now that we have Ulduar up to Yogg on farm, I feel like the benefits of Aspect Mastery have diminished. I still recommend it as a spec for progressive content where the raid is still learning the fight, but once you get comfortable with the content, heals and mana regen are consistant, it's time to move on to a higher DPS output.

So I'm going with the Elitist Jerks spec with a twist that I've seen around: 7/57/7. I really dislike not having Trueshot Aura; afterall, without a buff to the raids, we are little more than rogues. So I'm moving a point from Imp. Barrage to TSA - my Aimed Shots have a 75% crit rate as is.

In other news, Pattern: Belt of Dragons finally dropped, so it's time to replace Torn Web Wrapping. This is more difficult than it appears, as that's a lot of hit to replace. I have a Drape of the Lithe I picked up for just this instance, and that puts me over, allowing me to replace a 8 hit/3 mp5 gem in my leggings. It's either that, or keep my current Drape of the Deadly Foe and gem out the yellow socket, extra socket, and regem my chest to get the 6 hit socket bonus. The difference is 437 RAP (159 agil) and 2.96% crit with the Drape of the Lithe or 418 AP (98 agil) and 3.3% with the regem-fest.

The fun part, of course, is when I finally replace Black Ice. It's times like these when I really really hate the Alliance and their stupid racial.

3 comments:

Rilgon Arcsinh said...

You could just use Focused Aim. It's not tainted or anything. o_o;

Negathle said...

Yes, it is - it's made of LAVA.

Hit cap comes with BiS, so it's just a matter of time. Worst case scenario, I just take one of the Black Ice upgrades floating around.

Stupid Mage said...

It's made of Nassira?