Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Giant Gnome? Oxymoron much?

We finally got a poke at Mimiron tonight, and we did well, making it to Phase 4 three times, then managing about half of the health after that. Considering only about a dozen of us had even seen the fight, the progress was good.

Aside from the fact that this is yet another fight where five of my talent points are wasted, the damage mitigation from Survival Instincts and Aspect Mastery is nice for P1, 2, and 4. Those phases are also very pet unfriendly - I'm grateful that pets don't set off mines, as that would just be the icing on the cake. Regardless, it's a lot of spamming passive and Mend Pet-ing.

I want to say it's a survival fight, but realistically, it's a healer fight. There is a lot of raid damage going on, and not much more an individual can do besides avoid some of the obvious attacks and pop Health Stones and Healing pots. We divvied up the raid according the healing zones, but it's still a matter of being able to keep up with all the damage going around. Methinks a lot of the tier gear this upcoming week will be going to healers...

In other news, Scav Hunt is coming up! This is another AFK period for me, as I am a team captain this year and I fully intend to dedicate 100% of my time to my final Hunt. I might be on Twitter, since a lot of the hunt requires the internet, so pop on and say hello to keep me awake. Sleep is for the weak!

No comments: