Monday, December 29, 2008

Achievement Grinding

I'm still stuck with the family, which limits the WoW time. It's rough as all hell having to decline the 25-man invites, but the last thing I want to do is have to explain why I'm sitting at the computer until 1 AM. Not to mention my sleep schedule has returned to that of a normal person (falling asleep at midnight, waking up at 8ish, I never knew the morning could last so long...), so it's become a bit difficult to maintain my normal raiding schedule. We are returning to St. Louis tomorrow, where I can resume normal play.

The brief amount of time I've had to play, I've been working on my Loremaster achievement. Currently, I am 50 quests away for Kalimdor and 90 quests away for Eastern Kingdoms. I'm definitely in the rough part of it, particularly for Kalimdor. Here are some tips and tricks I have found while grinding it out:
  • Never assume that you have finished a quest hub unless you've verified no little yellow exclamations exist there. I assumed I was a good Tauren three years ago and did all the quests in the two starting towns. I was wrong - I missed a TON. If you have rolled several alts from the starting zones, it's easy to think that you did those quests on your main, when in reality, you can't remember what you did 3-4 years ago.
  • Definitely hit up Duskwallow Swamp for the new quests.
  • I'm not sure if it's bugged or not, but the majority of quests in Silverpine Forest count for both Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms. I was grinding it out, and when I check on my Kalimdor counter, it was around 30 higher than when I left the continent.
  • It's a pain in the ass, but check and double check all quest-givers. There are several that are repeat turn-ins, and they can throw you off, but you don't want to accidentally miss a legitimate quest. I haven't started on Booty Bay yet, but I have a feeling this issue will come up.
  • Leave some wiggle room as you near the end for each continent, just in case there are quest lines that send you back and forth. Typically quests count towards the continent where they began, but some have chains that continue on the ending continent.
  • There are quest mods to help you out, but I feel like that's cheating. Just fly every where with your Track Low Level Quests on, think back about places you don't recall doing on that toon, and you'll get them.
This is also a great way to get all your fraction rep up to Exalted. I managed to hit exalted with all but Silvermoon now, but that's nearing half-way through Revered. Tauren on Chocobow, here I come!

1 comment:

A.Winteryard said...

Thanks a lot, helped me with getting lore master achievement ;D