Tuesday, July 21, 2009

But treasure necessary pain...

Last night was my last guild run. Since Yogg was dead, we put together a couple of Ulduar 10 groups, including the Hard Mode run we had started Friday. It was a great run - pulled off Knock, Knock on Wood, since we had never seen it before, I snagged a new pair of shoulders (no one else needed them), and passed on Mjolnir Runestone, though I won the roll (common, you can't just let someone win it with a 25!). It was exactly what I wanted for my last night in the guild. I was with the people I cared about and loved playing with, and I couldn't ask for more than that.

Afterwards, I announced my departure, having posted my good-bye on the forums. Suddenly I found myself swamped with parting mementos: Our other hunter officer gave me the gun that has his namesake, that he kept for nearly three years; our pally tank gave me a pair of Ruby Shades, since they are no longer attainable; one of our bear tanks gave me a Lovely Black Dress, since it always looks so lovely on lady Tauren; and one of my dearest friends gave me a Siren's Tear, then paraphased a Latin poem for me in (I think) elegant couplet. Then we all met up in Terokkar Forest, around the moths, for a final screenshot.

Have I mentioned I don't think I've cried so much over good-byes in my life?

No comments: