Wednesday, July 16, 2008

This might be the end

With my guild leaders officially calling it quits, the guild is taking a nose dive in terms of raiding. Since the summer slump is upon us regardless, a lot of the more casual raiders will stick around, but the more dedicated folks will move on. I have to decide which group I belong to.

On one hand, I'm getting tired of it, and I could definitely use a break. We've been in BT for 5 months now, downed Illidari Council, and gave Illidan a good smack, but that's where we've been at for awhile now. The same ol' same ol' grind is just too repetitive, and I could stand just doing nothing until xpac or we decide to go to Warhammer. The thought of not raiding in college is a novel one, and I can't really imagine having life after 10 PM free again... It could even be fun!

However, on the other hand, I really love to raid. Having all the buffs, getting together to do something as coordinated as a football game really has an appeal to it. And, like I said, I've been doing it for so long, it's just part of my routine, a part of my life that without I'd feel somewhat lost without (boy, doesn't that just scream addiction...).

So what do I do? Do I stay, and wait it out for something better to come along, or do I go out an actively find a new home? This guild was just so perfect, accepting the three of us, and let me raid as MM to boot. I have good friends here, and I enjoy the atmosphere. It will be hard to find a new group of people, especially since they would have to take me and the boyfriend, who happens to be a little undergeared compared to me. And I refuse to go BM, so they take me as SV, or they deal with a raiding MM hunter ;). It's a tough decision, and time will tell what will happen.

No comments: