Monday, June 30, 2008

I don't like where this is heading..

Keeping track of some WotLK updates, I'm somewhat nervous about what Blizzard is planning for the hunter class. Could it be that they fully intend for MM to be the PvP spec and BM to be the PvE spec? Evidence I'm seeing towards that trend:


Pet talents - I like the idea, don't get me wrong, but it concerns me that they are placing more emphasis on pets, which I automatically assume to be more BM based. I'm all for the addition - I miss having any reliance on my pet that I had as BM or even MM.

Trueshot Aura rank - Highest rank appears to be 225, which is where it should be now... I'm still curious to see if they add anything else to it.

No more Autoshot clipping by Steady Shot - Great news all around, but it is the main shot of BM.

Two Talent Specs - This is sorta up in the air as to exactly what this means, but if it means an ease of switching back and forth, I'm seeing a lot of BM hunters in raid and a lot of MM hunters in BGs/Arenas. Not that this isn't the case already, but I predict that without the pain of respeccing every time you want to raid/PvP, this will be a default. I like it, but it kinda adds weight to my concern of spec purpose.

Haste gear - It's everywhere!

I really hope I'm not SV for the rest of my raiding career... Regardless, I fully intend on leveling as MM, and if I must, raid SV. Sigh, Blizzard, this isn't what the game is supposed to represent...

No comments: