Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Raiding Hunter Loot in 3.2.2

In celebration of WoW's 5th anniversary, they are bringing back Onyxia, that beloved of raids. Aspired to at 60 (remember that awesome attunement?), fun to go back to and attempted to solo at 70 (ah, the tons of gold), then finally nerfed at 80 and solo'd out of nostaligia. Lore-wise, yes, she is dead - Lady Prestor will not make a comeback, never fear, Stormwind - so this is just fun.

...

Yeah, I'm of the opinion the dead should stay dead, but alas, we take what we are given.

So what will drop for hunters? Well, some loot that has a semblance to what she dropped pre-3.2.2. Remember that awesome purple and orange Dragonstalker helm that you were so proud to show off? Yeah, that's coming back, complete with the unnecessary shadow and fire resist! However, what really gets to me is the fact they are bringing back Quel'Serrar (I fondly recall my boyfriend's pride when getting his), Rhok'delar will not be making a comeback. Not that I don't mind them underminding the epic questline, but if you are going to bring back one, why not the other? As long as my original still remains nestled in my bank, I have no problem shooting with a blooming bow again. The 25 man loot table isn't complete yet, so perhaps there are some surprises in store.

Loot will work similiarly to the normal and Heroic modes of ToC: The same loot will be available in 10 and 25 mans, just different item levels with stats increased accordingly.

Helm
Dragonstalker Helm/Helmet

Neg's Notes: Well, it's not bad, in all honesty. However, I don't think I would break my current helm/chest t8 set bonus for it, nor forgo my plan to keep my shoulders t9 offset and complete the four peice with helm/chest. I'll have to crunch some numbers to confirm that, though.

Neck
Sparkling Onyxia Tooth Pendant - Head quest reward

Neg's Notes: Nice amount of agility on it, but if you don't need the hit, I'd suggest sticking with an ArPen neck.

Stat Stick
Reclaimed/Reinforced Shadowstrike

Neg's Notes: "Paladins, Hunters, anyone? I am not wasting DKP on that peice of crap!" Well, maybe you will for version 2.0. I wouldn't say it's as good as Hellion Glaive, but it's definitely up there with all the other 245 stat-sticks from ToC.

Ranged
Snub-Nose Blastershot Launcher

Neg's Notes: Meh. Let's see what 25 man offers.

No comments: